Please click here to download rules as a PDF.
- Registration: $3000 – Teams may register for the tournament online. The Entry Fee covers the boat tournament participation and up to 4 registered participants per boat. All Registered Tournament Boats receive 4 Tournament Tickets. Each Ticket includes 1 Tournament Shirt, 1 Festivities wristband and 1 Awards Dinner. Additional tournament tickets can be purchased for $150, which includes 1 tournament shirt, 1 Festivities wristband and 1 Awards Dinner. Boats can have unlimited number of anglers but they must purchase additional Tournament Tickets to participate in any of the Tournament events. This will be strictly enforced! Payment may be made by checks or credit card (MasterCard, Visa & American Express accepted.) All credit card payments are subject to a 6% sales tax. Also a 3% service charge will be added to ALL credit card transactions. Please make check payable to Meat Mayhem Inc. *Registration fee is non-refundable!*
- Entry Forms: All entry forms must be completely filled out by all participants in the Bimini Wahoo Mayhem. Tournament officials reserve the right to refuse application or entry into the tournament at their discretion with or without cause. Anglers: Each boat may register as many anglers as they choose. All anglers should be listed on the form. Please notify the committee of any angler changes prior to the start of fishing. ALL ANGLERS MUST HAVE A VALID BAHAMAS FISHING & CRUISING LICENSE!
- NO BOUNDRIES
- Eligible Species: Wahoo
- Fish Limit: A maximum of 5 Wahoo can be weighed in per boat each day. Each fish must weigh a minimum of 20 lbs. Fish that do not meet these requirements will not count. A combined total aggregate weight of the two fishing days (2/2/18 & 2/3/18) will be declared the winner. All fish must be weighed in fresh and edible condition. No mutilated fish or frozen fish scored.
- Tackle: All fish must be caught on rod and reel. Wire lines are permitted. No electric reels permitted. A maximum of six (06) rods per boat may be fished at one time.
- Tournament Channel: The tournament committee will operate on Channel 80. Channel 72 will be used as an alternate. All discussions among competitors should be conducted on alternate channels.
- Check-Out: There will be a boat check conducted on each fishing morning starting @ 4:00 AM from RESORTS WORLD BIMINI DOCK. Your boat will be visually inspected to make sure each team starts each fishing day with no WAHOO on board. (BE SURE TO REMOVE ANY FISH FROM DAY PRIOR OR YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED!) Any boat that refuses inspection will be automatically disqualified from the tournament. Once you are inspected and released by tournament committee your set to start your fishing day. REMEMEBER PLEASE FOLLOW NO WAKE ZONE RULES. ALL WINNERS WILL BE SUBJECT TO POLYGRAPH.
- Check-In: No lines in or out of the water will be announced. All boats with fish to weigh must be visually & verbally checked in by displaying their boat # to the tournament committee boat no later than 5:00 PM, regardless of hook-ups. Boats that do not check in by 5:00PM will not be eligible to weigh their fish. Check in will take place on the RESORTS WORLD BIMINI DOCK.
- Landfall: Following check-out, or once fishing has begun, no boats will be permitted to touch land until reaching the dock at RESORTS WORLD BIMINI Marina for weigh-in. Special consideration will be given for medical conditions and special circumstances that may arise during the day of fishing. The committee must be notified in advance of any situation that may warrant exception to this rule.
- Weigh-In: The weigh station is located at RESORTS WORLD BIMINI Marina. The scale will open at 3:00 PM. All fish must be brought to the weigh station in the boat that they were caught on. Transferring of fish to another boat will result in disqualification. All decisions of the weigh master are final.
- Weather: In the event that weather conditions arise deemed unsafe for the average registered boat, by the tournament officials, the tournament may be called off for that day. No refunds will be made in the event of cancellation. Any notice of cancellation will be broadcast on channel 80. If FRIDAY is weathered out, the tournament will be moved to a one-day tournament on Saturday. It is expressly understood that the permitting of fishing by tournament officials does not ensure the safety of registered anglers or any other occupants of their vessels. Captains, anglers and all other members of registered boats must determine in their own judgment whether to fish under the given conditions based on factors including but not limited to the seaworthiness of their boat and their own seamanship.
- Protests: All protests must be made within 1 hour of the conclusion of weigh-in along with $1,000 cash or check to the tournament officials. Protests should be made based on first hand eyewitness information. Please know before you make the protest that the deposit will be returned only if the protest is upheld. If the protest is denied you will forfeit the total amount of $1,000. The Tournament Committee will resolve and decisions are final and may NOT be appealed. All decisions of the tournament officials regarding protests are final.
- Polygraph: By entering the tournament all captains, anglers and occupants of their boats voluntarily consent to submit to a polygraph examination as deemed necessary by tournament officials. All decisions of the polygraph examiner will be final. Any captain, angler or occupant of a registered boat who refuses to take a polygraph or provides untruthful answers as determined by the examiner will be disqualified from the tournament without further notice. Such a disqualification will eliminate payment or provision of any prize money, awards and/or refund of entrance fees or calcuttas.
- Cheating will result in immediate disqualification.
- Release: By signing the entry form, all captains, anglers and occupants of their boat hereby consent that tournament officials may use without payment or restriction, any photographs, video or interviews in which he or she may appear for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to resale, advertising and promotional material.
- Tournament Discretion: The tournament director reserves the right to implement his discretion at any time during the tournament as it may apply to the rules or any other circumstance that should arise during the course of the event.
- This is an aggregate tournament. Tournament scoring is a points system. EACH TEAM CAN WEIGH UP TO 5 WAHOO PER DAY. The minimum tournament eligible weight to score is 20 pounds. 1 point per pound is awarded. The FIVE largest WAHOO per day, will count as scoring fish. Total fish count per day not to exceed maximum bag limits per target species as set by Ministry of Fisheries, Commonwealth of the Bahamas. The highest AGGEREGATE score of the 2 fishing days determines winners. In result of a tie, the boat who weighed in earliest on time on the second fishing day will be declared the WINNER.